Six Benefits of Frameless Glass Shower Doors
When considering design ideas for your bathroom, you may want to think about installing a frameless glass shower door to give the space and stylish and modern feel. Unlike traditional shower doors that have metal frames to hold the glass in place, frameless shower doors use heavy glass that mounts directly to the wall with discrete metal hardware. When choosing from different options to provide closure to your shower, here are some reasons why a frameless glass door should be at the top of the list.
- More Light – The bathroom is one of those places in the home where the lighting plays an important role in performing your daily routine. If the shower is dark, finding the soap, shampoo, or your razor can be difficult. A frameless glass shower door eliminates barriers like shower curtains or heavy hardware and allows natural and artificial light to flow into the space unimpeded improving visibility.
- Custom Size – A frameless glass shower door can be made to fit almost any design giving your bathroom designer more flexibility. From a small corner walk-in shower to a large luxurious spa shower, a frameless glass door can be made to fit your plans.
- Fewer Spots for Mold – Because a frameless glass shower door has no frame or seals and generally less hardware, there are fewer places for soap, shampoo, dirt, or mold to potentially gather and build-up.
- A Larger Feel – From an aesthetic standpoint one of the best things about frameless glass doors is that they can create the illusion of a larger space. Traditional shower curtains or sliding framed doors can cut off sight lines, whereas glass doors allow your eye to see into the shower space, creating a sense that the room is more expansive.
- Pure Elegance – Another advantage of using a frameless glass shower door is its elegant appearance. It’s difficult to describe the beauty of these devices without seeing them in person for oneself. Frameless glass shower doors create a level of sophistication that is simply not found in traditional framed doors. Because these frameless glass shower doors are so sleekly unobtrusive, they look great no matter how your bathroom is decorated.
- Easy to Maintain – Frameless glass shower doors can make the bathroom easier to clean. Cleaning showers and tubs can be an unpleasant and cumbersome task. With a frameless door you can usually move more easily in and out of the shower to clean the floor and walls, no lip to trip over. For a simple cleaning of your frameless shower door, you can just use a squeegee to clean the glass. This can be even more effective if you choose to have a water spot protective coating added to your door glass before installation. This coating will protect your glass from any of the hard water issues common to our area.
Another lesser known but important benefit of frameless glass shower doors is the greater value they offer to your home. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to increase the value of your home, you should start in the bathroom. Installing a frameless glass shower door will instantly elevate the look and re-sale value of your home, and it’s something that all owners can take advantage of.
Our frameless glass shower doors are made to order, giving every client the opportunity to customize their bathroom shower. Begin by choosing the configuration you think would work best for your shower space, we have endless examples to choose from in our Shower Enclosures gallery.
At Dick’s Rancho Glass we have many years of glass design and installation experience and are happy to serve homeowners throughout the Sacramento Area. Interested in more door styles or hardware options for your shower? To begin exploring your glass shower design options, see our gallery, Click here to contact us, give us a call, or visit one of our two glass showrooms in the Sacramento region:
Dick’s Rancho Glass Sacramento at 2900 ROUTIER ROAD
Or call us at (916)363-6554
Dick’s Rancho Glass Fair Oaks at 5349 SAN JUAN AVE.
Or call us at (916)863-2500
~ At Dick’s Rancho Glass our versatility and pride of craftsmanship are keys to our success. Our excellent reputation has been built on the foundations of quality, reliability, and maintaining a dedicated staff. ~